Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Fabric Menders (Except Garment): Career and Information
Fabric Menders (Except Garment)
Top 3 mender Jobs
- Pittsburg, CA
• The ability to stand for 7 hours of an 8 hour shift
• Experience using a sewing machine in an industrial environment
- Houston, TX
Performs other tasks as required.
• Grasp textiles from a cart/bin then sort, inspect and grade according to production
Light Production - Garment Mender/Sewer
- Dempsey Uniform & Linen
- Jessup, PA
Successful candidates must:
• Have sewing/mending skills - either professionally or as a hobby
• Have the ability to work in a fast paced
See all mender jobs
What Fabric menders Do
Repair tears, holes, and other defects in fabrics, such as draperies, linens, parachutes, and tents.
Fabric mender Salaries
- 2014 employment: 800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $24,490
Job Outlook for Fabric menders
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -100
- Growth rate: -13 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Fabric mender
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Used by permission.