Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
What Security and fire alarm systems installers Do
Install, program, maintain, and repair security and fire alarm wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. Excludes Electricians who do a broad range of electrical wiring.
Security and fire alarm systems installer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 64,000
- May 2015 median annual wage: $43,420
Job Outlook for Security and fire alarm systems installers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 8,200
- Growth rate: 13 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become a Security or fire alarm systems installer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Used by permission.