Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Watch Repairers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Watch repairers Do
Repair, clean, and adjust mechanisms of timing instruments, such as watches and clocks. Includes watchmakers, watch technicians, and mechanical timepiece repairers.
Watch repairer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 2,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $34,750
Job Outlook for Watch repairers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -700
- Growth rate: -26 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Watch repairer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.