Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Radio Operators: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Radio operators Do
Receive and transmit communications using radiotelephone equipment in accordance with government regulations. May repair equipment. Excludes Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairs.
Radio operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 1,200
- May 2015 median annual wage: $50,040
Job Outlook for Radio operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 0
- Growth rate: -1 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Radio operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.