Computer Technology and IT Schools, Online Degrees and Programs
Technology plays a critical role in economic production and our daily lives. Computer technology and IT degrees help you prepare for a career in this essential sector. Tend the technical infrastructure with a degree in IT support services, systems administration, or telecommunications. Or create new products and services by building your skills in web design, computer graphics, or software engineering.
Search for more degrees:
Computer Technology and IT Career Outlook
Computer technology and IT careers rank among the fastest growing occupations in the nation, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report. High-demand jobs include:
- Network systems and data communications experts can anticipate 53 percent job growth between 2008 and 2018, making this the fastest growing career in the U.S. Salary (2008): $73,830
- Computer software engineers rank fourth, with 45 percent growth. Salary (2008): $87,900
- Computer systems analysts can expect 29 percent growth. Salary (2008): $78,830
Computer Technology and IT Schools and Programs
Tap into the career opportunity in the technology sector with a computer technology and IT degree. Vocational schools and colleges offer the following degree programs:
- Associate's degree. The two-year qualification features a career-oriented curriculum with an emphasis on hands-on training and technical expertise. An associate's degree in computer technology and IT prepares you for an entry-level job in IT support services, IT system administration, telecommunications maintenance, or Web design.
- Bachelor's degree. The high-demand computer technology and IT careers listed above all require a four-year Bachelor of Science in computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
- Master's degree. A two-year graduate degree is a powerful advancement credential for computer technology and IT careers. A MS in computer science or engineering is especially important for jobs in computer and software engineering, which require advanced computer programming knowledge.
Computer technology and IT online degree programs offer the technical training you need to take advantage of the favorable job market in computer systems administration and computer programming.