As many states move special needs students to mainstream schools, paraprofessional teachers and paraprofessional assistants are growing in number and popularity. Paraprofessional assistants work as teaching assistants for special needs students, but are not licensed to teach. So, they with teachers to implement student IEPs (individual education programs), increase classroom efficiency, and supervise.
Matching School Ads
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- M.Ed. Curr & Ins - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Technology
At Arkansas State, we produce more than graduates-we combine the theory with the practice to create innovators and leaders of tomorrow.
With 11 colleges representing all major academic disciplines, a student population of more than 14,000 and 700 faculty, Arkansas State is a global center of learning for some of the most important emerging technologies and new sciences shaping the future of our world.
- Master of Science in Education in Gifted, Talented, and Creative
- Master of Science in Education in Curriculum & Instruction
- Master of Science in Education in Educational Theory & Practice
Matching School Ads
Paraprofessional assistants assume several duties:
- provide instructional support in small groups
- manage behavior in the classroom
- provide personal care assistance
How to Earn a Paraprofessional Teacher Degree
An associate of applied science paraprofessional teacher degree is a two-year degree program designed to provide practical skills and knowledge. Classes include:
- Childhood educational development
- Child psychology
- Introduction to exceptional children
Employment Outlook for Paraprofessional Teachers
Demand for both special education teachers and paraprofessional assistants is growing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, special education teachers work in child care support services, individual and family services, health practitioners' offices, and specialty hospitals. Annual salaries for paraprofessional assistants vary by location from approximately $25,000 to more than $30,000.