Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Wellhead Pumpers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Wellhead pumpers Do
Operate power pumps and auxiliary equipment to produce flow of oil or gas from wells in oil field.
Wellhead pumper Salaries
- 2014 employment: 13,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $46,990
Job Outlook for Wellhead pumpers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,800
- Growth rate: 13 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become a Wellhead pumper
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.