Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Transportation Workers (all other): Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Transportation Workers (all other)
Top 3 Transportation Workers Jobs
- Honey Brook, PA
We will train......This is a temp to hire position with openings on 1st and 3rd shift. Starting pay is $11.00 to $12.00 an hour for 1st shift, and
Dump Truck Driver
- Young & McQueen Grading
- Asheville, NC
Work will be in the Asheville, NC area.
Visit www.youngmcqueen.com/careers for more information.
• Safety inspection of the vehicle
- Hillsborough County (Florida)
- Tampa, FL
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Hillsborough County Public Works Department is seeking a Transportation Worker to assist maintenance crews in maintaining
See all Transportation Workers jobs
What Transportation workers Do
All transportation workers not listed separately.
Transportation worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 40,200
- May 2015 median annual wage: $36,890
Job Outlook for Transportation workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,300
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Transportation worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.