Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners: Career Information
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
Top 3 tool grinders Jobs
Tool Cutter/Grinder - 2nd Shift
- CIRCOR International
- Monroe, NC
Position will machine jigs and fixtures using tool room equipment.
• Use AutoCAD to make basic tooling drawings.
• Secure parts & assemble
Master Tool & Cutter Grinder
- Job Juncture
- Carol Stream, IL
Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding
Tool and Die Maker
- Global Invacom Group Limited
- Smithfield, NC
Working from blue prints and drawings ensures tolls meet specification
· Repair tools as necessary
· Cut, shape and trim tool and dies to specified
See all tool grinders jobs
What Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners Do
Perform precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing, or grinding of metal objects.
Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener Salaries
- 2014 employment: 11,500
- May 2015 median annual wage: $35,550
Job Outlook for Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,000
- Growth rate: -18 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.