Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners: Career Information
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
Top 3 tool grinders Jobs
- American GFM
- Chesapeake, VA
Other duties as assigned.
• High School / GED desired
- Portland, OR
% OF TIME
• 10 %Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on
- BAE Systems
- York, PA
Performs all types of grinding, honing and pre-set work to sharpen or repair all types of metal removal tooling for both ferrous and non-ferrous
See all tool grinders jobs
What Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners Do
Perform precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing, or grinding of metal objects.
Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener Salaries
- 2014 employment: 11,500
- May 2015 median annual wage: $35,550
Job Outlook for Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,000
- Growth rate: -18 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.