Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners: Career Information
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
Top 3 tool grinders Jobs
Machinist - 2nd shift
- Waukegan, IL
Indicate tools on multi-axis lathes within the specified time limit.
• Perform standard work as assigned.
• Read and understand
Master Tool & Cutter Grinder
- Job Juncture
- Spartanburg, SC
• Responsible for maintaining product production goals and quality
Weld Maintenance Mechanic
- Challenge Manufacturing
- Kansas City, MO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
See all tool grinders jobs
What Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners Do
Perform precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing, or grinding of metal objects.
Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener Salaries
- 2014 employment: 11,500
- May 2015 median annual wage: $35,550
Job Outlook for Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,000
- Growth rate: -18 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.