Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners: Career Information
Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
Top 3 tool grinder Jobs
- Major Tool & Machine, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN
Basic carpentry skills, quality conscious and able to follow procedures exactly, for every operation, all required
CNC Machining/Program/Setup $14 - $22.00
- Die-Verse Tool & Mfg. Co.
- Palmetto, FL
Programming of cnc machines. Blueprint Reading. Part inspection and Recording SPC data. Good
CNC Tool Grinder
- O-D Tool & Cutter Inc.
- Boston, MA
Abrasive wheel selection, setup and dressing under supervision.
• Select and mount grinding wheels on machines.
• Perform basic maintenance
See all tool grinder jobs
What Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners Do
Perform precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing, or grinding of metal objects.
Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener Salaries
- 2014 employment: 11,500
- May 2015 median annual wage: $35,550
Job Outlook for Tool grinders, filers, and sharpeners
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,000
- Growth rate: -18 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Tool grinder, filer, and sharpener
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.