Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Operators
Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Top 3 textile winding Jobs
- SARAR USA INC.
- Clarksburg, MD
Directing the winds of fashion in mens and womens clothing with its expert designers and quality fabrics, the difference has also created in the home
Senior Electrical Engineer
- Gerber Scientific
- Tolland, CT
Design, build, debug and test prototype electronics robotic systems.
• Develop and
- Gerber Scientific Inc.
- Tolland, CT
Responsibilities include designing, building, debugging and testing
See all textile winding jobs
What They Do
Set up, operate, or tend machines that wind or twist textiles; or draw out and combine sliver, such as wool, hemp, or synthetic fibers. Includes slubber machine and drawing frame operators.
- 2014 employment: 26,000
- May 2015 median annual wage: $26,870
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -5,600
- Growth rate: -22 percent (Decline)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Used by permission.