Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Top 1 textile winding Jobs
Sewing Machine Operator CRC CBA
- Advantage SCI
- Fort Bliss, TX
... winding bobbins, adjusting tension, and oiling parts. * Work is reviewed for accuracy, neatness, and to determine if instructions have been followed. * Join together parts of textile (including ...
What They Do
Set up, operate, or tend machines that wind or twist textiles; or draw out and combine sliver, such as wool, hemp, or synthetic fibers. Includes slubber machine and drawing frame operators.
- 2020 employment: 26,400
- May 2021 median annual wage: $30,020
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -3,000
- Growth rate: -12 percent (Decline)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.