Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Operators
Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
Top 3 textile winding Jobs
- SP Associates
- Pinehurst, NC
The qualified candidate will have:
BS Textile Degree
10+ years of weaving management experience
Knowledge of warping, winding and
Contracts / Sales Support Administrator
- Gerber Scientific Inc.
- Tolland, CT
This position requires
- Albion, MI
The incumbent is cross-trained on all applicable equipment and must be flexible in working varied assignments.
• Notifies Supervisor(s) or repair
See all textile winding jobs
What They Do
Set up, operate, or tend machines that wind or twist textiles; or draw out and combine sliver, such as wool, hemp, or synthetic fibers. Includes slubber machine and drawing frame operators.
- 2014 employment: 26,000
- May 2015 median annual wage: $26,870
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -5,600
- Growth rate: -22 percent (Decline)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.