Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
What Textile bleaching and dyeing machine operators and tenders Do
Operate or tend machines to bleach, shrink, wash, dye, or finish textiles or synthetic or glass fibers.
Textile bleaching and dyeing machine operator and tender Salaries
- 2014 employment: 11,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $26,340
Job Outlook for Textile bleaching and dyeing machine operators or tenders
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,800
- Growth rate: -24 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Textile bleaching or dyeing machine operator and tender
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.