Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
What Shoe machine operators and tenders Do
Operate or tend a variety of machines to join, decorate, reinforce, or finish shoes and shoe parts.
Shoe machine operator and tender Salaries
- 2020 employment: 5,000
- May 2021 median annual wage: $28,560
Job Outlook for Shoe machine operators and tenders
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -1,100
- Growth rate: -22 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Shoe machine operator and tender
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.