Roustabouts (Oil and Gas)
Top 3 Roustabout Jobs
General Manager - Dirt & Roustabout Contractor
- Recruiting Solutions
- Post, TX
General Manager - Dirt & Roustabout Contractor The rapid growth of our company has created the opportunity for a seasoned General Manager who can step in and immediately contribute and be the " right ...
- 1888 Industrial Services
- Ault, CO
As a Roustabout , you will play a vital role in maintaining and repairing oilfield equipment and machinery, ensuring that operations run smoothly and efficiently. You will work outdoors in extreme ...
- Amplify Energy Services LLC
- Long Beach, CA
Other essential duties performed by the Rig Roustabout include cleaning and painting as directed within the Rig Structure and all other Areas of Rig Operations on the Platform. When directed and ...
What Roustabouts Do
Assemble or repair oil field equipment using hand and power tools. Perform other tasks as needed.
- 2020 employment: 43,500
- May 2021 median annual wage: $38,920
Job Outlook for Roustabouts
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 12,900
- Growth rate: 30 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Roustabout
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.