Roustabouts (Oil and Gas)
Top 3 Roustabout Jobs
- Big Spring, TX
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements + CPR & First Aid (A Roustabout can work once they have the 8 hr CS but it is recommended they receive the 40 hr and CPR/First Aid ASAP) C
- Wyutex Energy
- Rock Springs, WY
Duties of a Pusher is responsible for a crew of 2-3 people, ensuring and performing lock out tag outs, be able to communicate. Understanding of how gas and oil wells work.
Plant Crew Members
- Lotus, LLC
- Andrews, TX
Demonstrated roustabout crew experience. * Experience in tank cleaning and vacuum truck operation * Must be willing to work overtime hours. * Willingness to work on weekends and holidays if needed
What Roustabouts Do
Assemble or repair oil field equipment using hand and power tools. Perform other tasks as needed.
- 2020 employment: 43,500
- May 2021 median annual wage: $38,920
Job Outlook for Roustabouts
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 12,900
- Growth rate: 30 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Roustabout
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.