Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Roustabouts (Oil and Gas): Jobs, Career and Salary Information
Roustabouts (Oil and Gas)
Top 2 roustabouts Jobs
CDL DRIVER, EQUIPMENT OPR, WELDERS, PIPE FITTERS, TACKERS, ROUSTABOUTS, Structural Foreman
- Thoma-Sea Marine Constructors, LLC
- Houma, LA
THOMA-SEA MARINE CONSTRUCTORS, LLC NOW HIRING • CDL Driver • Equipment Operator • Structural and Pipe Welders • Structural and Pipe Fitters • Tackers • Roustabouts • Structural Foreman ...
- Pacesetter Personnel Services
- Arlington, TX
... tools, roustabouts , grasshoppers, come-alongs, chin falls and power tools * Bends pipe by hand or with a pipe-bending machine * Fills pipe systems with water or air to determine system leaks
See all roustabouts jobs
What Roustabouts Do
Assemble or repair oil field equipment using hand and power tools. Perform other tasks as needed.
- 2014 employment: 76,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $36,510
Job Outlook for Roustabouts
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 6,300
- Growth rate: 8 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Roustabout
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.