Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Roof Bolters (Mining): Jobs, Career and Salary Information
Roof Bolters (Mining)
Top 3 roof bolter Jobs
Roof Bolter/Drill Operator BCS
- Rogers Group
Also, may include driving/operating a variety of heavy equipment including driving haul trucks, dumping product in hoppers, loading haul trucks
- The Doe Run Company
- Viburnum, MO
Must be able to crush ore and run skip pocket as needed.
• Must have the ability to learn drilling, blasting, and mucking to fill in for any
Maintenance Technician - Underground
- Prairie State Energy Campus
- Kingston Mine, IL
• Ventilation equipment.
• Power distribution equipment.
The repair and maintenance must be performed
See all roof bolter jobs
What Roof bolters Do
Operate machinery to install roof support bolts in underground mine.
Roof bolter Salaries
- 2014 employment: 6,000
- May 2015 median annual wage: $54,950
Job Outlook for Roof bolters
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -600
- Growth rate: -11 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Roof bolter
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.