Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Roof Bolters (Mining): Jobs, Career and Salary Information
Roof Bolters (Mining)
What Roof bolters Do
Operate machinery to install roof support bolts in underground mine.
Roof bolter Salaries
- 2014 employment: 6,000
- May 2015 median annual wage: $54,950
Job Outlook for Roof bolters
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -600
- Growth rate: -11 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Roof bolter
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.