Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
What They Do
Perform work involved in developing and processing photographic images from film or digital media. May perform precision tasks such as editing photographic negatives and prints.
- 2014 employment: 28,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $26,590
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -9,500
- Growth rate: -33 percent (Decline)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.