Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Patternmakers (Wood): Career and Salary Information
Top 1 patternmakers Jobs
- Express Employment Professionals - LAX/Hawthorne
- Hawthorne, CA
Ability to communicate with patternmakers (English and Spanish) * Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear * Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with ...
See all patternmakers jobs
What Patternmakers Do
Plan, lay out, and construct wooden unit or sectional patterns used in forming sand molds for castings.
- 2014 employment: 1,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $38,410
Job Outlook for Patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 0
- Growth rate: 0 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.