What Patternmakers Do
Plan, lay out, and construct wooden unit or sectional patterns used in forming sand molds for castings.
- 2020 employment: 200
- May 2021 median annual wage: $46,920
Job Outlook for Patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 100
- Growth rate: 25 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.