Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Patternmakers (Wood): Career and Salary Information
What Patternmakers Do
Plan, lay out, and construct wooden unit or sectional patterns used in forming sand molds for castings.
- 2014 employment: 1,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $38,410
Job Outlook for Patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 0
- Growth rate: 0 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.