Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Patternmakers (Wood): Career and Salary Information
Top 3 patternmakers Jobs
Assistant Technical Designer
- One Jeanswear Group
- New York, NY
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
- Lilly Pulitzer
- King of Prussia, PA
The Patternmaker is responsible for supporting the patternmaking efforts to achieve desired fit within the technical design department. The
- 24 Seven Talent
- Vernon, CA
This is a temporary to permanent opportunity.
• Must have experience with Optitex
• Must have experience with a contemporary brand
See all patternmakers jobs
What Patternmakers Do
Plan, lay out, and construct wooden unit or sectional patterns used in forming sand molds for castings.
- 2014 employment: 1,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $38,410
Job Outlook for Patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 0
- Growth rate: 0 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.