Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
What Packaging and filling machine operators and tenders Do
Operate or tend machines to prepare industrial or consumer products for storage or shipment. Includes cannery workers who pack food products.
Packaging and filling machine operator and tender Salaries
- 2020 employment: 371,800
- May 2021 median annual wage: $35,960
Job Outlook for Packaging and filling machine operators and tenders
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 20,200
- Growth rate: 5 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Packaging and filling machine operator or tender
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.