Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
Top 3 packaging machine operator Jobs
Packaging Machine Operator
- Health Wright Products
- Clackamas, OR
Performs packaging and light machine operation functions in support
Machine Operator (SPPO)
- Jel Sert
- West Chicago, IL
Perform safety inspections on assigned machine.
• Report any quality or safety issues to department supervisor and/or lead.
- Gray Flex Systems
- Coats, NC
Standing for long periods of time and heavy lifting required. Competitive wages and incentive pay available. Full benefit packages after 90 days of
See all packaging machine operator jobs
What Packaging and filling machine operators and tenders Do
Operate or tend machines to prepare industrial or consumer products for storage or shipment. Includes cannery workers who pack food products.
Packaging and filling machine operator and tender Salaries
- 2014 employment: 378,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $27,080
Job Outlook for Packaging and filling machine operators and tenders
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 3,800
- Growth rate: 1 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Packaging and filling machine operator or tender
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.