Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Metal Workers and Plastic Workers (all other): Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Metal Workers and Plastic Workers (all other)
Top 3 Metal Workers Jobs
Production Machine Operator
- ClarkDietrich Building Systems
- Dallas, TX
Operates cutback saw in a safe manner and to order specifications.
• Keeps mill and surrounding area clean and clear of obstruction.
Metal Shop Worker
- Design and Production
- Lorton, VA
Use of metalworking tools such as: Cold Saws, Press Break, Drill Press, and Shear
• Work as part of team to ensure projects are completed on-time
MBGS - Journeyman Sheet Metal Worker - OCONUS
- Vienna, VA
Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
• Fasten seams and joints together with welds
See all Metal Workers jobs
Top 3 Plastic Workers Jobs
- Miami, FL
Se requiere experiencia previa
EHS Site Lead
- Performance Plastics
- Gaithersburg, MD
Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans
- American Paper & Plastic, Inc
- City of Industry, CA
Other duties may be assigned.
· Receive and organize product from containers in an efficient and orderly manner
· Efficiently put away inventory
See all Plastic Workers jobs
What They Do
All metal workers and plastic workers not listed separately.
Metal and plastic worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 22,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $32,990
Job Outlook for Metal and plastic workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -3,700
- Growth rate: -17 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Metal or plastic worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.