Medical Equipment Preparers
What Medical equipment preparers Do
Prepare, sterilize, install, or clean laboratory or healthcare equipment. May perform routine laboratory tasks and operate or inspect equipment.
Medical equipment preparer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 52,000
- May 2015 median annual wage: $33,330
Job Outlook for Medical equipment preparers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 7,300
- Growth rate: 14 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Medical equipment preparer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.