Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
Top 3 Lifeguard Jobs
- PRO Sports Club
- Bellevue, WA
Constant attention to maintaining show ready standard in aquatics department
• Attend all staff meetings and training
Health Club Pool Attendant/Lifeguard (PT)
- Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Acme, MI
Maintain good rapport with fellow employees and reflect positive attitude while working.
• Follow proper grooming and dress standards set forth by
RN LIFEGUARD ROTOR TRUCK PLANE
- University of New Mexico Hospital
- Albuquerque, NM
Lifeguard transports all age populations
Work within the nursing process to provide direct nursing care to assigned patients. Provide clinical
See all Lifeguard jobs
What They Do
Monitor recreational areas, such as pools, beaches, or ski slopes to provide assistance and protection to participants.
- 2014 employment: 141,300
- May 2015 median annual wage: $19,500
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 9,500
- Growth rate: 7 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.