Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
Top 3 Lifeguard Jobs
- Great Eastern Resort
- Massanutten, VA
Work Here, Play
- PRO Sports Club
- Bellevue, WA
Constant attention to maintaining show ready standard in aquatics department
• Attend all staff meetings and training
- Health Fitness
- Beaumont, TX
Administer and follow all Aquatic Center guidelines in order to ensure the safety of members and guest.
• Make sure equipment is stored safely and
See all Lifeguard jobs
What They Do
Monitor recreational areas, such as pools, beaches, or ski slopes to provide assistance and protection to participants.
- 2014 employment: 141,300
- May 2015 median annual wage: $19,500
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 9,500
- Growth rate: 7 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.