Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand): Career Information
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand)
Top 3 grinding and polishing Jobs
- Universal Stainless
- Bridgeville, PA
Prepare reports to communicate test results.
• Assist Technology with development /refinement of testing for new products.
• Assist Technology
- Georgetown, TX
and polishing standards are met. Move controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during grinding and polishing
- Strohwig Industries
- Richfield, WI
Organize and maintain polishing area and supplies.
• Other duties may be assigned or required for this position.
See all grinding and polishing jobs
What Grinding and polishing workers Do
Grind, sand, or polish, using hand tools or hand-held power tools, a variety of metal, wood, stone, clay, plastic, or glass objects. Includes chippers, buffers, and finishers.
Grinding and polishing worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 29,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $28,610
Job Outlook for Grinding and polishing workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,600
- Growth rate: -9 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Grinding and polishing worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.