Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand): Career Information
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand)
Top 3 grinding and polishing Jobs
- Stolle Machinery
- Sidney, OH
with both steel and carbide.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
• Inspect or measure finished work pieces to determine conformance to
- Kelly Services
- Cleveland, OH
Inspects parts to determine salvage ability or method of repairing or reworking parts.
Prepares and operates metal-working tools, such as engine
- Heroux Devtek
- Springfield, MA
See all grinding and polishing jobs
What Grinding and polishing workers Do
Grind, sand, or polish, using hand tools or hand-held power tools, a variety of metal, wood, stone, clay, plastic, or glass objects. Includes chippers, buffers, and finishers.
Grinding and polishing worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 29,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $28,610
Job Outlook for Grinding and polishing workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,600
- Growth rate: -9 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Grinding and polishing worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.