Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand): Career Information
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand)
Top 3 grinding and polishing Jobs
Granite Countertop Installer
- Louisville Granite and Stone
- New Washington, IN
Pay is based on experienced.
We're looking to hire ASAP so please only apply if you can come in for an interview immediately and can start working
- Columbus, OH
For employment consideration, please complete an online application in the employment section at
- Stolle Machinery Company
- Sidney, OH
with both steel and carbide.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
• Inspect or measure finished work pieces to determine conformance to
See all grinding and polishing jobs
What Grinding and polishing workers Do
Grind, sand, or polish, using hand tools or hand-held power tools, a variety of metal, wood, stone, clay, plastic, or glass objects. Includes chippers, buffers, and finishers.
Grinding and polishing worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 29,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $28,610
Job Outlook for Grinding and polishing workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,600
- Growth rate: -9 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Grinding and polishing worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.