Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand): Career Information
Grinding and Polishing Workers (Hand)
Top 3 grinding and polishing Jobs
- Morson International (Aerospace)
- Portsmouth, NH
A candidate with either CNC or Printing machinery experience would be ideally suited
- AL3, Inc
- Racine, WI
Polish and grind materials according to specifications.
• Interpret blueprints and work instructions.
• Measure dimensions.
• Use chisels
- Westport Yachts
- Westport, WA
Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, face shields, gloves, dust masks etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
See all grinding and polishing jobs
What Grinding and polishing workers Do
Grind, sand, or polish, using hand tools or hand-held power tools, a variety of metal, wood, stone, clay, plastic, or glass objects. Includes chippers, buffers, and finishers.
Grinding and polishing worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 29,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $28,610
Job Outlook for Grinding and polishing workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -2,600
- Growth rate: -9 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Grinding and polishing worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.