Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Funeral Attendants: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Funeral attendants Do
Perform a variety of tasks during funeral, such as placing casket in parlor or chapel prior to service; arranging floral offerings or lights around casket; directing or escorting mourners; closing casket; and issuing and storing funeral equipment.
Funeral attendant Salaries
- 2014 employment: 36,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $23,770
Job Outlook for Funeral attendants
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -400
- Growth rate: -1 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Funeral attendant
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.