Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- First-Line Supervisors of Material-Moving Machine Operators
First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
Top 3 transportation supervisor Jobs
- Chicken Salad Chick
- Hurst, TX
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Closed Sundays
• No early mornings or
Transportation Supervisor, Secure Shredding
- Sunnyvale, CA
Providing a full suite of solutions records and information management, data management, digital solutions, data centers and secure destruction Iron
Corporate Trainer - Diesel Technicians
- Aim Leasing Company
- Girard, OH
Train, teach, guide and motivate diesel technician Apprentice class with instructions outlined by Supervisor. Provide field support and conduct
See all transportation supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of transportation and material-moving machine and vehicle operators and helpers.
- 2014 employment: 199,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $55,860
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 5,900
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.