Career Profiles and Employment Projections
First-Line Supervisors of Material-Moving Machine Operators
First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
Top 3 transportation supervisor Jobs
- Petits Pains
- Burlingame, CA
Organizes employees during start-up, shutdown and downtime situations.
• Demonstrates and enforces all
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
- Northland Lutheran Retirement Community
- Marinette, WI
Help patients with personal hygiene and care such as bathing, grooming, and dressing, and bowel and bladder care
• Take and record patient vital
Transportation Operations Supervisor
- Atlantic Services Group
- Washington, DC
It is also responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and managing the performance of the line management and hourly workforce assigned to locations
See all transportation supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of transportation and material-moving machine and vehicle operators and helpers.
- 2014 employment: 199,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $55,860
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 5,900
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.