Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
Top 3 police supervisor Jobs
- DGA Security Systems
- New York, NY
Investigate disturbances, such as unlawful intrusion, fires, and property damage. Contacts supervisor by radio or telephone to report irregularities
Supervisor, Police & Security
- Pittsburgh, PA
Functionally referred to as Lieutenant.
• Handles and resolves day to day operational issues and problems.
• Maintains a working
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR - SANDIA POLICE DEPT
- Sandia Resort and Casino
- Albuquerque, NM
Maintains Kronos timekeeping system; edits timesheets and submits payroll by scheduled deadline.
• Maintains a written log of telephone and
See all police supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of members of police force.
- 2014 employment: 108,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $82,090
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 4,500
- Growth rate: 4 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.