Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of personal service workers, such as flight attendants, hairdressers, or caddies.
- 2014 employment: 255,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $35,710
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 28,000
- Growth rate: 11 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.