First-Line Supervisors of Nonretail Sales Workers
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of sales workers other than retail sales workers. May perform duties such as budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
- 2020 employment: 376,400
- May 2021 median annual wage: $79,680
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -18,800
- Growth rate: -5 percent (Decline)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.