Career Profiles and Employment Projections
First-Line Supervisors of Laborers, and Material Movers
First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers (Hand)
Top 3 material moving supervisor Jobs
ENTRY LEVEL WAREHOUSE - SP
- Furniture and Appliance Mart
- Stevens Point, WI
Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
• Read work orders or receive instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs
- Atlantic Services Group
- Washington, DC
Assists a variety of functions with manual labor tasks as
Warehouse Supervisor - Residential
- JK Moving and Storage
- Sterling, VA
Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
See all material moving supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
- 2014 employment: 173,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $46,960
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 3,800
- Growth rate: 2 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.