Career Profiles and Employment Projections
First-Line Supervisors of Laborers, and Material Movers
First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers (Hand)
Top 3 material moving supervisor Jobs
- Portland, OR
% OF TIME
• 10 %Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on
Household Moving Supervisor I (Bi-lingual)
- Nissin International
- Marysville, OH
Must keep accurate notes per shipment. Must update notes accordingly.
• Advise Manager of any delays, problems and/or question any irregularities
- Elmhurst, IL
Locates and moves material as required on pick lists or other documentation.
Transfers and consolidates materials to new locations.
See all material moving supervisor jobs
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
- 2014 employment: 173,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $46,960
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 3,800
- Growth rate: 2 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.