Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers: Career Information
Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
Top 3 patternmaker Jobs
Assistant Technical Designer
- One Jeanswear Group
- New York, NY
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
- Lilly Pulitzer
- King of Prussia, PA
The Patternmaker is responsible for supporting the patternmaking efforts to achieve desired fit within the technical design department. The
- 24 Seven Talent
- Vernon, CA
This is a temporary to permanent opportunity.
• Must have experience with Optitex
• Must have experience with a contemporary brand
See all patternmaker jobs
What Fabric and apparel patternmakers Do
Draw and construct sets of precision master fabric patterns or layouts. May also mark and cut fabrics and apparel.
Fabric and apparel patternmaker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 5,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $43,900
Job Outlook for Fabric and apparel patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,400
- Growth rate: -26 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Fabric and apparel patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.