Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
What Fabric and apparel patternmakers Do
Draw and construct sets of precision master fabric patterns or layouts. May also mark and cut fabrics and apparel.
Fabric and apparel patternmaker Salaries
- 2020 employment: 4,700
- May 2021 median annual wage: $58,650
Job Outlook for Fabric and apparel patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -500
- Growth rate: -10 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Fabric and apparel patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.