Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers: Career Information
Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
Top 3 patternmaker Jobs
- Beverly Hills, CA
Head Patternmaker - LA Based
Women's Designer RTW
Tailoring Experience Required
European Designer Background
- Greensboro, NC
High level of Flat Pattern, Draping, and Grading.
Ability to Sew and Construct Garments
CAD Patternmaking Software (preferably Accumark
- Major Apparel Company
- New York, NY
Dress exp. a major + Gerber a +
• $75-90K + bonus and benefits.
• This is a full time/in house opportunity, no relocation is provided. NYC area
See all patternmaker jobs
What Fabric and apparel patternmakers Do
Draw and construct sets of precision master fabric patterns or layouts. May also mark and cut fabrics and apparel.
Fabric and apparel patternmaker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 5,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $43,900
Job Outlook for Fabric and apparel patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,400
- Growth rate: -26 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Fabric and apparel patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.