Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers: Career Information
Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
Top 3 patternmaker Jobs
- SoCal Accessory Production, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Utilize CAD, Elitron, Mozart & LeoCad programs. Job site - Los Angeles. E-mail resume to SoCal Accessory Production, Inc. Att: P. Golparian
- Nesco Resource
- Bethel, CT
Sets up and operates various wood and metal machine tools and other power tools to machine , cut, and shape stock or casting to specifications
- Socal Garment, LLC
- Vernon, CA
Send resume to Socal Garment, LLC, 4700 Boyle Ave., Unit C, Vernon, CA 90058 Attn: Mr
See all patternmaker jobs
What Fabric and apparel patternmakers Do
Draw and construct sets of precision master fabric patterns or layouts. May also mark and cut fabrics and apparel.
Fabric and apparel patternmaker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 5,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $43,900
Job Outlook for Fabric and apparel patternmakers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,400
- Growth rate: -26 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Fabric and apparel patternmaker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.