Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Crossing Guards: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 crossing guards Jobs
- Conshohocken, PA
At Wirecard North America, we are currently seeking energetic, motivated, growth-oriented candidates to join our team.
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Lifeguard (Part Time) Various Shifts
- Jewish Federation of Omaha
- Omaha, NE
• Minimum of 15 years of age
• Current certifications in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid and CPR for the
SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
- Prince George's County
- Largo, MD
This is specialized work in the control of traffic, both vehicular and pedestrian, in conjunction with the movement of students to and from school
See all crossing guards jobs
What Crossing guards Do
Guide or control vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as streets, schools, railroad crossings, or construction sites.
Crossing guard Salaries
- 2014 employment: 69,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $25,100
Job Outlook for Crossing guards
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 4,500
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Crossing guard
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.