Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Continuous Mining Machine Operators: Career Information
Continuous Mining Machine Operators
What Mining machine operators Do
Operate self-propelled mining machines that rip coal, metal and nonmetal ores, rock, stone, or sand from the mine face and load it onto conveyors or into shuttle cars in a continuous operation.
Continuous mining machine operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 12,300
- May 2015 median annual wage: $48,620
Job Outlook for Continuous mining machine operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -600
- Growth rate: -5 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Continuous mining machine operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.