Continuous Mining Machine Operators
What Mining machine operators Do
Operate self-propelled mining machines that rip coal, metal and nonmetal ores, rock, stone, or sand from the mine face and load it onto conveyors, shuttle cars, or trucks in a continuous operation.
Continuous mining machine operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 15,200
- May 2021 median annual wage: $60,300
Job Outlook for Continuous mining machine operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 900
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Continuous mining machine operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.