Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators
Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
What They Do
Operate or tend machines to wash or clean products, such as barrels or kegs, glass items, tin plate, food, pulp, coal, plastic, or rubber, to remove impurities.
- 2014 employment: 18,500
- May 2015 median annual wage: $27,880
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 100
- Growth rate: 0 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.