Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
Agents and business managers of artists, performers, and athletes
What Agents Do
Represent and promote artists, performers, and athletes in dealings with current or prospective employers. May handle contract negotiation and other business matters for clients.
- 2014 employment: 19,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $62,940
Job Outlook for Agents
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 500
- Growth rate: 3 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become an Agent
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: Bachelor's degree
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.