Summary: This position is an entry level engineering position. The candidate will work collaboratively to design, develop, and program systems or machinery, as well assist in the preparation of electrical schematics. The candidate will also provide production support on projects and help in configuring MES solutions. There is significant opportunity to develop and expand your career if you thrive in problem-solving, solutions-focused environments. This position consists of a hybrid schedule with required travel to customer facilities for project execution. Travel varies by the project; it can be local, nationwide, or international. The duration of travel will take the candidate’s input into consideration and provide the opportunity to travel home regularly. Additional pay, premium perks, and other benefits are provided to offset any extensive travel.
- Assist with and implement creative ideas in the engineering of all projects.
- Design, develop, test, and implement MES and other solutions to configure, control, and monitor the manufacturing process.
- Assist with and/or create electrical schematics.
- Prepare presentations, technical documents, and project documentation.
- Ability to independently assess, prioritize, troubleshoot, and problem solve in order to execute to objective in complex project environments.
- Provide production support and programming when traveling to customer sites.
- Participate in team and customer meetings to identify project requirements, specifications, and customer expectations.
- Create hardware designs, such as panel layouts or industrial controls.
- Expert-level understanding of manufacturing business process execution and computer systems architecture.
- Construct, troubleshoot and integrate PLC programs.
- Proficiency with Ignition or other industry-standard MES platforms and solutions.
- Integrate IIOT, Visual Control, Track & Trace and Operation Process in a plant environment.
- Operate in the manufacturing industry; experience with PLC platform controls systems such as Siemens, Allen-Bradley, and OPC UA.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in professional manner in order to collaborate with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Continue to grow individual knowledge through real-life experience and on-line webinars.
- Utilize this knowledge to identify and assist with continuous improvement of the company.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Associate Degree (Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering) preferred.
- Capable experience is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Basic software coding skills are preferred.
- Understanding of XML coding preferred.
- PLC programming experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites both domestically and internationally.
- Punctual, self-motivated, and efficient.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to multi-task with a variety of projects.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness.
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work with arms at or above shoulder height for extended periods of time.
- For the first 90 days, 5 days per week at the office for 1st shift is required.
- After the first 90 days, at least two (2) days per week at the office is required, unless traveling.
- 40 hours per week will still be required even if there is availability to work remotely.
- Travel to customer sites as needed (i.e. production support).
- Starting salary between $40,000 and $57,500 depending on experience and knowledge.
- Daily Travel Bonuses when traveling to and working at non-local customer sites (Approx $10,000 per year).
- Meal Per Diem when traveling to and working at non-local customer sites.
- Paid Time Off – 5 days after first 90 days. (Unused is carried over to following year)
- Sick Time Off – 5 days after first 90 days.
- Holiday Paid Time Off on Company observed Holidays.
- Holiday Pay in addition to base salary if working on Holiday.
- Weekend Pay in addition to base salary if working on Weekends.
- Annual Bonus.
- Other benefits are negotiable.