New York, NY
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to grow our business.
This hands-on role is ideal for someone with a strong background in B2B sales, client relations, marketing strategy, as well as exposure to working with product teams. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with an entrepreneurial attitude. This position directly contributes to the success of U.S. News by generating revenue for a rapidly growing startup within the company. The Sales Associate will assist with growing new business, renewing current business, and other tasks deemed integral to the growth of the product.
Are you up to the challenge?
• Drive New Business: Research CRM sales records, verify leads to identify key decision makers, follow up on inquiries, exceed sales and retention objectives.
• Converse with marketing decision makers at prominent healthcare organizations, education institutions, and other industry leaders via email, videoconference, and phone.
• Outreach: Build brand awareness through targeted outreach and marketing campaigns.
• Business Solutions: Work with the team to build this business.
• Achieve Domain Knowledge: Understand U.S. News' data and methodologies at a deep level.
• Client Relations: Build and maintain rapport with new and existing clients through excellent service.
You should definitely have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 1 year of B2B phone/video sales and account management experience
• Has a proven ability to consistently meet/exceed sales targets
• Has a rich sense of client service and support
• Has strong communication, phone and collaboration skills
• Is detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
• Can work collaboratively with a team or independently, as needed
It would be nice if you had:
• Experience collaborating with product management teams
• Experience in the digital media industry
• Is proficient in using a CRM and Microsoft Excel
What it's like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News' dedication to our consumers.
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
• This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.