Nearly all rehabilitation program settings provide on-the-job training, but you can advance further and faster in your rehabilitation career through accredited rehabilitation programs. Certification and licensing are basic requirements for rehabilitation counselors and rehabilitation nurses.
Matching School Ads
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Locations: Miami, FL , Melbourne, FL , Sarasota, FL , More...
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- And more...
Get the real-world training you need to build a better career at CDI College. Choose from morning, afternoon and evening classes at one of many community-based locations across Canada.
Locations: Calgary, AB , Edmonton, AB
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
Locations: Newport News, VA
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
Matching School Ads
Rehabilitation Careers: Advancement through Higher Education
- Rehabilitation aides: Rehabilitation aides work with nurses, social workers, and psychological professionals in hospitals, clinics, offices, group homes, and shelters. Responsibilities depend upon education level and work experience. A rehabilitation degree at the associate's level is desirable.
- Rehabilitation counselors: Rehabilitation counselors usually have a rehabilitation degree from an accredited rehabilitation program. Master's degrees are the standard credential for rehabilitation counselors, who help clients and their families deal with the physical and emotional effects of disabilities due to disease, illness, accidents, and birth defects.
- Rehabilitation nurses: Rehabilitation nurses are RNs, LPNs, and CNAs who specialize in rehabilitation services. A rehabilitation career in nursing requires certification from specialized rehabilitation programs plus a nursing license.
- Rehabilitation administrators: Rehabilitation administrators manage the daily operations of rehabilitation programs and services in clinics, hospitals, outpatient centers, group homes, and shelters. A bachelor or master's degree is the norm.
You must also complete field work and supervised internships to graduate from most rehabilitation degree programs.
Rehabilitation Careers: An Excellent Job Outlook
With a much faster than average job growth rate of 23%, rehabilitation professionals will enjoy excellent job prospects through 2018, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Those with rehabilitation degrees will enjoy the best wages.
In 2009, the average salary for rehabilitation counselors was $34,710. Vocational rehabilitation services workers netted an average of $31,820. And, rehabilitation aides earned $27,280, on average.
If you enjoy helping others recover from accidents, illness, or injury, consider a rehabilitation career.