Opportunities abound for people who are interested in nutritional science. Most graduates from nutritional science programs become nutritionists or dietitians. These careers involve working with patients or dining services to plan and supervise the preparation of healthy meals and special diets.
Matching School Ads
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Locations: Pembroke Pines, FL , Port Saint Lucie, FL , Melbourne, FL , More...
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Associate of Science in Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology
Get the skills you need to land the job you want at Vancouver Career College. We offer diploma programs in Business, Health Care, Technology and more.
Locations: Burnaby, BC
- Food and Nutrition Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Sport Psychology (Master of Science) - Online
- Sport Psychology (Certificate) - Online
Matching School Ads
Other nutritional science professionals work as food scientists, analyzing food and ingredients, and what causes them to go bad. Food scientists may be in charge of the sanitation, quality control, and marketing of foods. There are a number of different degree options in nutrition science:
- Certificate programs, often offered online, can help those who are new to the field or those who want to specialize in a particular area.
- A bachelor's degree in nutrition, typically a full-time 4-year path, can lead to a career as a dietitian or nutritionist for a healthcare facility. The American Dietetic Association awards the Registered Dietitian credential to those who pass an exam after completing academic coursework and a supervised internship.
- Advanced degrees such as a master's or a PhD are available for those who want to further their studies.
When studying nutrition science, you learn about the microbiology of food, food processing and technology, diet and exercise, and weight management.
Career Outlook for Nutritional Science Professionals
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects average employment growth with the greatest opportunities for those with advanced degrees and certification.
According to the American Dietetic Association, annual wages for registered dietitians in 2007 varied depending on their practice area. Consultants earned as much as $60,008. Those in nutrition management earned more than $64,000, while those in a clinical nutrition or long-term care setting earned around $52,000.