Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Rotary Drill Operators (Oil and Gas): Career Information
Rotary Drill Operators (Oil and Gas)
Top 2 rotary drill operators Jobs
Manufacturing and Fabrication Technician
- Kellstrom Defense Aerospace, Inc.
- Camarillo, CA
The breadth of our solutions for these aircraft operators , across a variety of platforms, is what ... We support legacy fixed and rotary wing aircraft including but not limited to F-5, T-38, F-16, ...
Maintenance Tech I- Nights (7pm-7am)
- PAC Worldwide
- Phoenix, AZ
... the drill press 0 Operate scissor truck 0 Assisting in wire pulls 1 Able to perform general ... out rotary unions 1 Determine if a heater element is bad 1 Familiar with machine controls 1 ...
See all rotary drill operators jobs
What Rotary drill operators Do
Set up or operate a variety of drills to remove underground oil and gas, or remove core samples for testing during oil and gas exploration. Excludes Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas.
Rotary drill operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 27,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $54,310
Job Outlook for Rotary drill operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 3,500
- Growth rate: 13 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become a Rotary drill operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.