Rotary Drill Operators (Oil and Gas)
Top 3 Rotary Drill Operator Jobs
Bore Machine Operator
- Broadband Telecom Services
- Harlingen, TX
Hourly Bore Machine Operator BROADBAND TELECOM SERVICES, INC. Broadband Telecom Services is a ... Operate the drilling machinery ex: regulating pressure of tools, controlling the speed of rotary ...
- Amplify Energy Services LLC
- Long Beach, CA
Operating the tongs, slips, and spinners to connect and dis-connect drill pipe, tubulars, casing ... rotary tongs, Hydraulic Tongs, Air and Manual slips, Drill Collar Safety Clams, and Rig Floor ...
Maintenance Technician [R36680]
- Niagara Bottling
- Las Vegas, NV
Skilled in the use of shop equipment such as hydraulic and mechanical presses, bench grinder, drill ... Rotary equipment such as rotary press or filler * Thermodynamics, heat transfer, or plastics ...
What Rotary drill operators Do
Set up or operate a variety of drills to remove underground oil and gas, or remove core samples for testing during oil and gas exploration. Excludes Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas.
Rotary drill operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 15,200
- May 2021 median annual wage: $56,380
Job Outlook for Rotary drill operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 4,000
- Growth rate: 26 percent (Much faster than average)
How to Become a Rotary drill operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.