Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Rotary Drill Operators (Oil and Gas): Career Information
Rotary Drill Operators (Oil and Gas)
Top 3 rotary drill operator Jobs
Hydromat/Rotary Transfer Machine Operator
- E. J. Basler Company
- Schiller Park, IL
Set-up and operate machines consisting of series of stations connected by transfer mechanisms to perform operations such as drilling, boring
Robotic Maintenance Tech / Automotive Plant
- Premiere Solutions
- Dalton, GA
Setup and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metal working tool to make repairs.
• Prepare technical reports to analyze breakdown
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Augusta, GA
Must have skills in the use of tools and equipment of the trade such as pipe threader, power hack saws, rotary hammer drill, pipe wrenches, jack
See all rotary drill operator jobs
What Rotary drill operators Do
Set up or operate a variety of drills to remove underground oil and gas, or remove core samples for testing during oil and gas exploration. Excludes Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas.
Rotary drill operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 27,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $54,310
Job Outlook for Rotary drill operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 3,500
- Growth rate: 13 percent (Faster than average)
How to Become a Rotary drill operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.