Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
What Meat, poultry, and fish cutters and trimmers Do
Use hand or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of meat, poultry, and seafood.
Meat, poultry, and fish cutter and trimmer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 152,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $23,870
Job Outlook for Meat, poultry, and fish cutters and trimmers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -200
- Growth rate: 0 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Meat, poultry, or fish cutter and trimmer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.