Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
What Adhesive bonding machine operators and tenders Do
Operate or tend bonding machines that use adhesives to join items for further processing or to form a completed product. Processes include joining veneer sheets into plywood; gluing paper; or joining rubber and rubberized fabric parts, plastic, simulated leather, or other materials. Excludes Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders.
Adhesive bonding machine operator and tender Salaries
- 2014 employment: 18,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $31,710
Job Outlook for Adhesive bonding machine operators and tenders
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,200
- Growth rate: -7 percent (Decline)
How to Become an Adhesive bonding machine operator or tender
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.