Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers: Career Information
Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
Top 3 ushers Jobs
Event Staff, Guest Services, Security
- Staff Pro
- San Antonio, TX
Must be 18+, Must pass a background check and Must pass a mandatory pre-employment
- Kennedy Center
- Washington, DC
Shifts are in various areas both inside and outside the theaters. Shifts range from 2 – 5 hours, but actual hours worked vary according to the
- Fairfax, VA
Helps Customers find seats and invites Customer seating changes when the auditorium is full.
• Monitors auditorium for unruly behavior and movie
See all ushers jobs
What Ushers, lobby attendants, and ticket takers Do
Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
Usher, lobby attendant, and ticket taker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 113,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $19,180
Job Outlook for Ushers, lobby attendants, and ticket takers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 6,100
- Growth rate: 5 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become an Usher, lobby attendant, or ticket taker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.