Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Upholsterers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
What Upholsterers Do
Make, repair, or replace upholstery for household furniture or transportation vehicles.
- 2014 employment: 42,200
- May 2015 median annual wage: $32,020
Job Outlook for Upholsterers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,800
- Growth rate: -4 percent (Decline)
How to Become an Upholsterer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.