Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Traffic Technicians: Career and Salary Information
Top 3 traffic technicians Jobs
Low Voltage Electronics Technician
- Amplified Electronic Design
- Charlottesville, VA
Install and repair low-voltage equipment in facilities located in several different states
· Safely operate and maintain a work vehicle
TRAFFIC SIGNAL TECHNICIAN 1
- M.C. Dean, Inc.
- Washington, DC
Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits
- Tholen Eyecare
- Dripping Springs, TX
Entry level hourly wages based on skills, experience, and certifications. Pay
See all traffic technicians jobs
What Traffic technicians Do
Conduct field studies to determine traffic volume, speed, effectiveness of signals, adequacy of lighting, and other factors influencing traffic conditions, under direction of traffic engineer.
Traffic technician Salaries
- 2014 employment: 6,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $43,930
Job Outlook for Traffic technicians
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 400
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Traffic technician
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.