Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Traffic Technicians: Career and Salary Information
Top 3 traffic technicians Jobs
- Technical Safety Services, Inc.
- Berkeley, CA
We’ll trust you to tell our story and represent us well as you visit biotech companies, hospitals, medical device companies, and
Sales Management / Sales Professionals
- Cochran Automotive
- Zelienople, PA
Cochran is the leading automotive retailer in the tri-state area. Yet one of our greatest assets isn't our size or our
Traffic Control Technician
- CW & Sons
- Washington, DC
Valid ATSSA traffic control technician certification
• Minimum 1 year of experience
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug
See all traffic technicians jobs
What Traffic technicians Do
Conduct field studies to determine traffic volume, speed, effectiveness of signals, adequacy of lighting, and other factors influencing traffic conditions, under direction of traffic engineer.
Traffic technician Salaries
- 2014 employment: 6,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $43,930
Job Outlook for Traffic technicians
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 400
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Traffic technician
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.