Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Telemarketers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 telemarketers Jobs
- Electronic Merchant Systems
- Cleveland, OH
A dynamic merchant services provider currently has openings for our sales office in an intense outbound call environment.
- Aliso Viejo, CA
Making a high volume of customer contacts daily via phone calls and emails
Focus on driving business into the sales funnel
Handling inbound calls
Renewable Energy Sales Rep
- Green Mountain Energy
- Boston, MA
This position mainly involves face-to-face interaction behind booths at set venues (It does NOT involve door-to-door or telemarketing activity
See all telemarketers jobs
What Telemarketers Do
Solicit donations or orders for goods or services over the telephone.
- 2014 employment: 237,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $23,530
Job Outlook for Telemarketers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -7,200
- Growth rate: -3 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Telemarketer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.