Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tax Preparers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 tax preparers Jobs
Accountant / Tax Preparer
- UHY Macho & Asociados
- Miami, FL
- D'Arcangelo & Co.
- Millbrook, NY
We provide the highest quality of professional services to our clients which includes audit, accounting, tax and consulting, and family office. We
Experienced Tax Preparers
- Jefferson City, MO
Additional part-time work throughout the balance of the year might be arranged, pending performance and the
See all tax preparers jobs
What Tax preparers Do
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses. Excludes Accountants and Auditors.
Tax preparer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 90,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $36,450
Job Outlook for Tax preparers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,400
- Growth rate: 2 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Tax preparer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.