Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tax Preparers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 tax preparers Jobs
- Greg Barton CPA
- Palm Desert, CA
Qualified to take the CPA exam.
• Minimum 2 years experience with a CPA firm, providing both tax and accounting services to clients
Seasonal Tax Preparer
- Drenen Financial Services, Inc.
- Westfield, MA
Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of current tax code
• Knowlege of Drake Software or similar tax
- Shelly Tax & Accounting LLC
- DeWitt, IA
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com or Shelly Tax & Accounting, LLC
PO Box 21, Goose Lake, IA
See all tax preparers jobs
What Tax preparers Do
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses. Excludes Accountants and Auditors.
Tax preparer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 90,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $36,450
Job Outlook for Tax preparers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,400
- Growth rate: 2 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Tax preparer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.