Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tax Preparers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 tax preparer Jobs
- Oliva Goddard & Wright
- San Diego, CA
As a small firm it is important that this individual can take a client trial balance and make the appropriate adjustments to allow for the
Experienced Tax Preparers
- Columbia, MO
Experienced Part-Time Tax Preparer
Experienced Part-Time Tax Preparer positions are also available in the firm’s Columbia and Jefferson City
- Deborah Schwartz, Inc.
- Beverly Hills, CA
Preparing business and personal tax returns
Preparing sales tax returns & setting up prepayments
Issuing 1099's and W-2's
Preparing payroll tax
See all tax preparer jobs
What Tax preparers Do
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses. Excludes Accountants and Auditors.
Tax preparer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 90,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $36,450
Job Outlook for Tax preparers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,400
- Growth rate: 2 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Tax preparer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.