Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Tax Preparers: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Top 3 tax preparers Jobs
Seasonal Tax Preparers (February through April)
- Larson Gross, PLLC
- Bellingham, WA
Complete basic to complex tax returns
• 2+ years experience in public accounting or similar tax preparation
- Greg Barton CPA
- Palm Desert, CA
Qualified to take the CPA exam.
• Minimum 2 years experience with a CPA firm, providing both tax and accounting services to clients
Seasonal Tax Preparer
- Unity Tax Services LLC
- Atlanta, GA
CLASS SCHEDULE: TUES/THUR 10:30 AM-12:00 OR 7:00 PM- 9:00.
• *********Classes begin on Sept 25th and Oct 23rd**************************
See all tax preparers jobs
What Tax preparers Do
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses. Excludes Accountants and Auditors.
Tax preparer Salaries
- 2014 employment: 90,400
- May 2015 median annual wage: $36,450
Job Outlook for Tax preparers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,400
- Growth rate: 2 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Tax preparer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.