Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers: Career Information
Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
Top 3 leather repair Jobs
- Joseph Cory Holdings, LLC
- San Bernardino, CA
Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
- First Class Customs Inc.
- Springfield, MO
Using power and hand tools, apply and install batting, foam, poly-filler and cut fabric to wooden framework in the assembly of hand-crafted vehicles
Repair Technician / Sales Representative
- Creative Colors International
- Minneapolis, MN
We are currently looking for qualified candidates. This is an entry level position no prior sales/repeair technician experience required. We will
See all leather repair jobs
What Shoe and leather workers Do
Construct, decorate, or repair leather and leather-like products, such as luggage, shoes, and saddles.
Shoe and leather worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 9,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $23,630
Job Outlook for Shoe and leather workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,500
- Growth rate: -15 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Shoe and leather worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.