Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers: Career Information
Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
Top 3 leather repair Jobs
FURNITURE REPAIR TECHNICIAN
- Hurwitz Mintz Furniture Co.
- Metairie, LA
Top pay & Benefits, including 401k. Apply in person to Warehouse Manager, 1751 Airline Dr. Metairie, La
- Paradise Baggage Company
- Englewood, CO
We are open from 10am-6pm Monday-Saturday and open Sunday only during December. We are looking for help mostly on Friday-Sunday between 12-4pm but
- Hobby Lobby
- Oklahoma City, OK
Able to match color, stain, texture, and paint.
• Skilled with tools and powered equipment.
• Able to do "Burn-in's"
• Able to do
See all leather repair jobs
What Shoe and leather workers Do
Construct, decorate, or repair leather and leather-like products, such as luggage, shoes, and saddles.
Shoe and leather worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 9,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $23,630
Job Outlook for Shoe and leather workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -1,500
- Growth rate: -15 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Shoe and leather worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Used by permission.