Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
What Shoe and leather workers Do
Construct, decorate, or repair leather and leather-like products, such as luggage, shoes, and saddles. May use hand tools.
Shoe and leather worker Salaries
- 2020 employment: 8,700
- May 2021 median annual wage: $31,450
Job Outlook for Shoe and leather workers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -1,200
- Growth rate: -14 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Shoe and leather worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.