Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Sewing Machine Operators: Career and Salary Information
Sewing Machine Operators
Top 3 sewing machine operators Jobs
Sewing Machine Operator Trainee
- GTM Sportswear
- Manhattan, KS
Ensure quality standards are maintained during production.
• Confirm orders are accurate for quantities, fabric type and size
Sewing Machine Operator
- Union, MO
Lifting up to 35 pounds
• Train on Industrial Sewing Machine
• Wear Personal Safety Equipment such as safety
- A Stitch in Time Alterations
- Tempe, AZ
If you contact us for the position, we will respond within the week, or feel free to stop by and meet our team!
Thank you for your interest! We look
See all sewing machine operators jobs
What Sewing machine operators Do
Operate or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacture of garment or nongarment products.
Sewing machine operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 153,900
- May 2015 median annual wage: $22,550
Job Outlook for Sewing machine operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -41,700
- Growth rate: -27 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Sewing machine operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.