Career Profiles and Employment Projections
- Rail Transportation Workers (all other): Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Rail Transportation Workers (all other)
Top 3 Rail Transportation Worker Jobs
Heavy Equipment Operator - Night Shift - 6pm - 6am
- US Silica
- Sparta, WI
The qualified Employee will be trained to operate all heavy equipment (dozers, haul trucks, skidsteer), complete quality assurance testing, load
- Harris Corporation
- Rochester, NY
Clean offices, hallways, restrooms/shower rooms, cafeteria, kitchens, storage areas, entrances both inside & outside, lobbies both inside & outside
Trainman (New Hire)
- United States Steel Corporation
- Pittsburgh, PA
Operate track switches as needed.
• Perform procedures required to couple/uncouple rail cars.
• Push/pull drawhead into place to align for
See all Rail Transportation Worker jobs
What Rail transportation workers Do
All rail transportation workers not listed separately.
Rail transportation worker Salaries
- 2014 employment: 3,800
- May 2015 median annual wage: $59,840
Job Outlook for Rail transportation workers
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 0
- Growth rate: 1 percent (Little or no change)
How to Become a Rail transportation worker
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.