Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
Top 3 Railroad Track Maintenance Jobs
Rail Track Maintainer - Superior
- Canadian National Railway Company
- Superior, WI
... in track maintenance will appeal to you. Working on a crew, you'll be part of an ever-changing ... Install and repair street crossings and railroad crossings.Assist in the replacement or repair of ...
- Kansas City Southern Railway
- Kansas City, MO
The position is passionate about all work related to the installation and maintenance of track ... Employees must have the ability and willingness to support critically important railroad operations ...
Roadway Worker In Charge (RWIC)
- National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS)
- Billings Metropolitan Area, MT
National Railroad Safety Services, Inc. (NRSS) is a certified DBE/WBE firm primarily focused on ... Provide On- Track Safety in accordance with 49 CFR 214 Federal Regulations for Class 1 Railroads ...
What Maintenance Equipment Operators Do
Lay, repair, and maintain track for standard or narrow-gauge railroad equipment used in regular railroad service or in plant yards, quarries, sand and gravel pits, and mines. Includes ballast cleaning machine operators and railroad bed tamping machine operators.
Maintenance Equipment Operator Salary
- 2020 employment: 15,700
- May 2021 median annual wage: $61,690
Job Outlook for Maintenance Equipment Operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 800
- Growth rate: 5 percent (Slower than average)
How to Become a Maintenance Equipment Operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.