Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Quarry Rock Splitters: Jobs, Career and Salary Information
Quarry Rock Splitters
What Rock splitters Do
Separate blocks of rough dimension stone from quarry mass using jackhammer and wedges.
Rock splitter Salaries
- 2014 employment: 3,700
- May 2015 median annual wage: $33,820
Job Outlook for Rock splitters
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 300
- Growth rate: 7 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Rock splitter
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Short-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.