Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Pump Operators: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Pump Operators (Except Wellhead Pumpers)
Top 3 pump operators Jobs
- Royal Hospitality Services
- Somerville, MA
Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and utilize a variety of testing equipment for troubleshooting of equipment and
Wireline Operations Engineer (Pump-Down)
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp.
- Dickinson, ND
• Responsible for supervision of a two or three-person wireline crew at the well site or shop
- Superior Energy Services
- Smithton, PA
Minimum Requirements: Physically fit, Must be 21 years of age, possess valid CDL, able to be away from home for multiple days at a time. Speak and
See all pump operators jobs
What Pump operators Do
Tend, control, or operate power-driven, stationary, or portable pumps and manifold systems to transfer gases, oil, other liquids, slurries, or powdered materials to and from various vessels and processes.
Pump operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 13,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $42,420
Job Outlook for Pump operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,100
- Growth rate: 8 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Pump operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.