Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Pump Operators: Jobs, Career, Salary and Education Information
Pump Operators (Except Wellhead Pumpers)
Top 3 pump operators Jobs
ND Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- YES, LLC
- Dickinson, ND
Oil Field Experience is a huge plus
• Ability to read electrical diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
• Ensure the safe and reliable operation
Commercial Laundry Mechanic
- Atlantic City Linen Supply, LLC
- Atlantic City, NJ
- Superior Energy Services
- Smithton, PA
Minimum Requirements: Physically fit, Must be 21 years of age, possess valid CDL, able to be away from home for multiple days at a time. Speak and
See all pump operators jobs
What Pump operators Do
Tend, control, or operate power-driven, stationary, or portable pumps and manifold systems to transfer gases, oil, other liquids, slurries, or powdered materials to and from various vessels and processes.
Pump operator Salaries
- 2014 employment: 13,100
- May 2015 median annual wage: $42,420
Job Outlook for Pump operators
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: 1,100
- Growth rate: 8 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Pump operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.